One of the things you might miss about home cooking is breakfast! Fret not, Titans, because now you can make your own pancake breakfast right in your Res Hall! You don’t even have to share with your roommate. Just follow the directions below and you will be on your way to breakfast-topia. (Which, conveniently enough, is one of our favorite places to be!)
- standard size mug
- 2 tablespoons of whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- pure maple syrup or honey for topping
- fresh fruit for topping
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a mug. Be sure to mix everything thoroughly — you can not over mix the batter!
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes
- While it is cooking in the microwave, the pancake will expand over the mug quite a bit. Don’t worry, it’s normal! Once the microwave door opens, it will shrink to fit the mug.
- Top with a little maple syrup and some fresh fruit and you’ve got a clean-eating dorm room pancake!