The Undergraduate Advising Resource Center is hiring peer advising liaisons (PALs) for the Fall 2008 semester.
PALs are highly trained students who are trained to answer their peers’ questions about STAR, general education requirements, career exploration, campus policies and campus resources.
An application is available at http://www.uwosh.edu/advising/docs/PALApplicationFall2008.pdf. The application deadline is Feb. 15. At least one recommendation form must be completed by a UW Oshkosh faculty or staff member.
To become a PAL, students must have the following qualifications:
- UW Oshkosh student at time of employment,
- Minimum of 35 credits earned at the time of application (excluding CLEP, AP, CAPP and retro credits),
- A minimum grade-point average of 2.5 and in “good standing” at the University,
- Attended UW Oshkosh for at least two semesters and earned at least 24 credits by Fall 2008,
- Able to work six to 12 hours per week,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Positive attitude,
- Good computer skills,
- Willing to provide immediate information and support as an academic and campus resource.
Questions can be referred to Cindy Fruhwirth, assistant director of advising, at (920) 424-0006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.