This year’s Wizard of Oz-inspired theme is “There’s No Place like Homecoming.” Alumni are encouraged to follow the yellow brick road back to their alma mater to enjoy a fun-filled weekend. Make plans now to return to campus this fall and catch up with fellow graduates.
A variety of signature events are scheduled for Homecoming to reunite family and friends, including:
- Alumni Awards Celebration, Alumni Welcome and Conference Center (AWCC), 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 17
- Tour de Titan Bike Ride, AWCC, 11 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 18
- Tent City, south of the Oshkosh Sports Complex, Josslyn Street, 12-1:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 18
- Football game vs. UW-River Falls, J. J. Keller Field at Oshkosh Sports Complex, 1:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct.18
- Fifth Quarter, post-game celebration, AWCC, Saturday, Oct. 18
“We are excited to show our alumni the new Welcome Center, their new home away from home on campus,” said UW Oshkosh Alumni Relations Director Christine Gantner. “My expectation is that we will get hundreds of alumni and community members returning to campus.”
The Tour de Titan Bike Ride will be led by this year by alumnus Christian Jensen ’07, of Green Bay, and members of myTEAM TRIUMPH-Wisconsin. Jensen will receive an Outstanding Young Alumni Award at the Friday celebration.
To learn more about “There’s No Place Like Homecoming,” visit the updated Homecoming website, which includes a game day schedule as well as information about special rates available at area hotels for Homecoming weekend.