University of Wisconsin Oshkosh alumni: It’s time to mark your calendars for some great summer events.
University graduates and their families are invited to attend a host of summer activities that will have them laughing, cheering, rocking to great music and so much more.
“Summer is the perfect time for us to host alumni events that help our graduates reconnect with their alma mater, network with former classmates and enjoy some wonderful outdoor activities,” said Alumni Relations Director Christine Gantner. “We are thankful for the many partnerships that allow us to provide such a wide array of events to our alumni.”
Here’s what Alumni Relations has planned for UW Oshkosh alumni this summer:
- Thursday, May 29, Improv 101: An Evening at Backlot Comedy House, 424 N. Main St., 5:30 p.m. dinner reception catered by Hot Dog Charlie that will include nachos, hot dogs and your choice of beverage, followed by an introductory lesson to improvisational comedy and an exclusive performance. Cost is $20 per person at the door. Seating is limited, so RSVP to reserve your spot.
- Tuesday, June 3, A Celebration of Art, John Michael Kohler Arts Center (JMKAC), 608 New York Ave., Sheboygan, 5 to 7 p.m. Guests can enjoy refreshments as Chancellor Richard H. Wells recognizes the partnership between JMKAC and UW Oshkosh and honors the efforts of JMKAC director Ruth DeYoung Kohler. Guests also can enjoy DeYoung Kohler’s current exhibition “Arts/Industry: Collaboration and Revelation.”
- Friday, June 13, UWO Alumni Reception, Celtic Tavern, 1801 Blake St., Denver, Colo., 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Enjoy campus updates, hors d’oeuvres and alumni giveaways at this night of networking for alumni in the Denver area.
- Thursday, June 26, Alumni Free Night at Waterfest, Leach Amphitheater, 303 Ceape Ave., Los Lonely Boys, Copper Box, Paul Sanchez & Minimum Rage and Tin Sandwich will perform. Show your Alumni TitanCard at the gate for free admission. Non-alumni and alumni without an Alumni TitanCard pay regular admission rates of $12 before 7 p.m.; $15 after 7 p.m.; two-for-one before 6 p.m. The UWO Alumni Association will offer UWO giveaways at a table under the gazebo between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 30, Alumni Night at the Timber Rattlers, Fox Cities Stadium, 2400 N. Casaloma Drive, Appleton, all-you-can-eat picnic buffet with picnic food beginning at 5:30 p.m. Game against the Kane County Cougars begins at 7:05 p.m. Cost is $20 for adults and $16 for children 10 and under.
For more information about these summer events or about your alumni benefits, please call the Alumni Relations Office at (920) 424-3449, or send an email.