As the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh begins the search for the institution’s next chancellor, members of the search-and-screen committee cordially invite members of the campus community and broader community to participate in listening sessions to help develop the position description that will be used as part of the outreach and recruitment process.
The Search and Screen Committee has scheduled four on-campus and three off-campus (broader public) listening sessions:
- Thursday, April 3 – 8:15 am – 9:15 am – Sage 1239
- Monday, April 7 – 5 pm – 6 pm – Reeve Union Theatre (307)
- Tuesday, April 8 – 11:30 am – 12:30 pm – Sage 1216
- Wednesday, April 9 – 11:45 am – 12:45 pm – Sage 1216
In Oshkosh, Appleton:
- Tuesday, April 15 – 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel and Convention Center, Lake Winnebago Room, 1 N. Main St., Oshkosh.
- Wednesday, April 16 – Noon – 1 pm: Best Western Hotel, Lake Poygan Room.
- Wednesday, April 16 – 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: UW Oshkosh Appleton Executive Education Center, Common Area, 2323 E. Capitol Drive, Appleton, WI 54911, Common Area
- Click here to choose which session you plan to attend
In preparation of the sessions, the search-and-screen committee asks participants to consider the following:
- What would you tell someone about our campus and community that would convince them this would be a wonderful place to work and live?
- Imagine yourself reading a UW Oshkosh profile five years from now. What accomplishments would you like to read about? What should be our priorities for our campus over the next five years?
- What are some of the key challenges the next chancellor of our campus will need to address?
- What qualifications would you like to see in the next chancellor? Think about the background and personal characteristics necessary to be successful in attaining these accomplishments and meeting these challenges.
Members of the community that are not able to attend a listening session are welcome to submit written responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the process:
- To stay up to date on recent and future search-and-screen developments and progress, visit our related website: www.uwosh.edu/search2014.