No matter the weather, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh alumni can take part in a variety of upcoming events this winter.
Warm up with alumni basketball games at Kolf Sports Center or gatherings with fellow graduates in The Villages, Fla., and Los Angeles in February. Then check out the UWO Alumni Brewers Spring Training Day in Phoenix, Ariz.; an alumni reception in Portland, Ore.; and a student presentation and alumni event in Naples, Fla., in March.
“We are thrilled to offer a calendar packed with events taking place both on campus and in various parts of the county for UWO alumni to reconnect with fellow graduates, faculty and staff,” said Alumni Director Christine Gantner.
Mark your calendars for the following events:
- Cheer on the Titan Men’s Basketball Team for Alumni Day as they take on UW-River Falls at 3 p.m. Saturday at Kolf Sports Center. Members of the 1968 championship team will be honored at half-time.
- Alumni enjoy free admission with their Alumni TitanCards to the Feb. 8 Women’s Basketball Alumni Day, as the Titans take on UW-Stout at 3 p.m. at Kolf.
- The UWO L.A. Alumni Chapter will hold its first networking event of 2014 at Golden Road Brewing from 2 to 4 p.m. on Feb. 9.
- Alumni vacationing, living or working in central Florida will meet for a reception and campus update from Gantner at 3 p.m., Feb. 16 in The Villages. An optional dinner will follow.
- Graduates living, working or vacationing in the Honolulu, Hawaii, area will meet for a UW Oshkosh alumni gathering from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 22.
- Catch Brewers fever March 1, as UWO alumni take in an early season Brewers game against the Dodgers at Maryvale Baseball Park in Phoenix.
- Meet fellow alumni who live and work in the greater Portland area at a UWO reception at the Portland Golf Club on March 14 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Watch student finalists compete for $17,500 in business development support during the UW Oshkosh Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation Business Model Contest March 26 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Naples, Fla. Check out this first “Shark Tank”-type event and enjoy a campus update from Chancellor Richard H. Wells.
Be sure to check online for the full alumni calendar, including costs for upcoming events.