The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh students will be moving back into campus residence halls on Saturday, August 31, 2013, Sunday, September 1, 2013, and Monday, September 2, 2013. This means that there will be increased traffic in the Campus area each day as students and their families move in for the fall semester.
The UW Oshkosh Department of Residence Life recommends motorists avoid or be prepared for high traffic volumes on streets surrounding the campus’s residence halls from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on each of those days. There will be some lane and street closures.
Streets that will be only open to local traffic include:
- Lincoln Ave. between Wisconsin Ave. and Elmwood Ave.
- Irving Ave. between Wisconsin St. and Elmwood Ave.
- Amherst Ave. between Wisconsin St. and Elmwood Ave.
Streets with lane closures include:
- High Ave, which will have its left lane closed from Woodland Ave. to Wisconsin St.
- Algoma Blvd, which will have its left lane closed from Wisconsin St. to Osceola St.
The following Streets will be one-way only over the move-in days:
- Cherry St., from Scott Ave. to Irving Ave. Traffic will be traveling to the south.
- Irving Ave. from Cherry St. to Elmwood Ave. Traffic will be traveling to the west.
- Elmwood Ave. from Irving Ave. to Algoma Blvd. Traffic will be traveling to the south.
- Osceola St. from Algoma Blvd. to High Ave. Traffic will be traveling to the south.
For more details on UW Oshkosh’s move-in days please visit www.housing.uwosh.edu/move-in.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.