The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Business Success Center is pleased to announce and host a new mobile application training class this summer.
If you or someone at your company is looking to get up to speed on iOS and/or Android development, consider signing up for the mobile application development class. In addition to learning superior mobile application, faculty members Mike Eierman and Jakob Iversen will also provide hands-on time to create real-world apps in the University’s state-of-the-art computer labs.
The class provides the necessary tools to develop test and deploy apps. According to statistics:
- By 2014, mobile internet usage will overtake desktop internet usage.
- The global mobile market will grow from $3.4 billion in 2010, to $22 billion in 2016.
- There are now more than 400 million accounts with registered credit cards in the App Store [Mashable]
- The App Store is expanding from 120 countries to 152 in 2013 [Mashable]
- Microsoft and Nokia to invest more than $23 billion in mobile app development over three years [TheNextWeb]
As the statistics show, mobile apps and development are becoming the future of business and entertainment. This mobile application class is suited for anyone who is interested in mobile development for the future.
The class will run at UW Oshkosh, in the computer labs on August 12–15, 2013. The course is approximately $950 for four days. This includes lunch and materials needed.
UW Oshkosh has been growing and emerging in innovation and technology, specifically mobile development. They hope to increase interest in students, faculty and the community to partake in courses that offer such wonderful information.
This announcement was submitted by the UW Oshkosh Business Success Center. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.