University of Wisconsin Oshkosh alumnus Steve Buss ’86, of Oshkosh, has been elected president of the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Buss, who previously served as vice president, will begin his three-year term in the fall, taking over for outgoing president Traci Raether ’87. Buss is the executive director of the Young Eagles program at the EAA Aviation Center.
Jim Rath ’76, of Sherwood, and Megan Del Debbio ’07, of Neenah, were elected vice president and secretary, respectively, while Matt Zimmerman ’04, of Oshkosh, retained the office of treasurer.
Rath, an energy adviser with Franklin Energy Services, was reelected to the board at the May annual meeting. He previously served as board treasurer for many years.
Del Debbio is the marketing/membership coordinator for the Oshkosh Public Museum. Zimmerman serves as the dean of students at Oshkosh West High School.
“I am looking forward to working with our new slate of officers on the UW Oshkosh Alumni Board as we continue to move forward with our mission to promote lifelong engagement of the nearly 80,000 UWO alumni worldwide,” said Christine Gantner, UWO alumni relations director. “I also want to extend a hearty welcome to our newest board members and a sincere thank you to our outgoing members.”
At the May meeting, five new members were elected to the board for three-year terms:
- Scott Barr ’86, Appleton, a lawyer/partner with McCarty Law;
- Amanda Betts ’10, Oshkosh, a social media strategist with Blue Web Design;
- Brooke Buntrock ’04, Milwaukee, attorney hiring coordinator, Michael Best & Friedrich;
- Lindsay Geurts ’07, Oshkosh, loan officer with the UW Oshkosh Credit Union; and
- Rebecca Koszalinski ’92, Boynton Beach, Fla., clinical instructor and doctoral student at Florida Atlantic University.
Four outgoing board members were recognized for their service:
- Liz Gesicki, Hortonville, customer service manager, Thilmany papers;
- John Giesfeldt, Oshkosh, public relations manager, Directions Incorporated;
- Frank Holmes, Oshkosh, UWO academic adviser and alumni career adviser; and
- Kimberly Massey, Appleton, development director, Christine Ann Center.
The 24-member volunteer board works to build connections among UW Oshkosh alumni and students. For more information about the UW Oshkosh Alumni Association Board of Directors, visit www.uwosh.edu/alumni.