The following announcements were supplied by the Office of Grants and Faculty Development:
- UW Oshkosh received $46,000 from the National Writing Project for the Fox Valley Writing Project. Pat Scanlan, COEHS, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $3,000 from UW System and WiSys Technology Foundation Inc. for the project titled “Examining the Extent of Human Learning in Novel Environments.” Leigh Ann Mrotek, kinesiology, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $120,000 from the State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development for “Youth Apprenticeship 2011.” Pat Nichols, CCDET, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $50,000 from the University of Wisconsin System through the Applied Research Program for a joint project with UW-Stevens Point titled “Metabolic Engineering of Isoprene Production in a Halotolerant Cyanobacterium.” Toivo Kallas, biology/microbiolgy, and Eric Singsaas, UW-Stevens Point, are co-directors of the project.
- Tanvi Kothari, COB, will attend the Social Network Analysis Workshop, June 7 to 12, 2010, in Lexington, Ky. She received support through the Faculty Development Program’s off-campus component.
- Hongying Chen, Counseling Center, will attend the Intercultural Development Inventory Qualifying Seminar in Minneapolis, Minn., June 14 to 16, 2010. She received support through the Faculty Development Program’s academic staff component.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today. Click here to submit.