The following announcements were supplied by the Office of Grants and Faculty Development.
- UW Oshkosh received $100,000 from the Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration for “Comprehensive Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Promotion Program.” Shelly Rutz, Counseling Center, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $93,206 from UW System under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act Title II Higher Education Professional Development Program — Wisconsin Improving Teacher Quality for support of “Closing the Math Achievement Gap for Native Americans 2010-2011.” Judith Hankes, COEHS, is the primary investigator. The co-directors are Stacey Skoning, Gerald Fast, Loretta Mason and John Beam.
- UW Oshkosh received $17,340 from the U.S. Department of Education for a collaborative project with UW-Madison titled “Science Futures: Developing Teacher Leaders for School Reform.” Eric Brunsell and Michelle Fleming, College of Education and Human Services, are the co-project directors for UW Oshkosh.
- Craig Biwer, kinesiology, will attend the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s National Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Fla., in July. He received support through the Faculty Development Program’s academic staff component.
- Susan Bonis, College of Nursing, will attend the Humanbecoming Institute: Theory and Research Methodology Workshop, June 2 to 5 in Pittsburgh, Pa. She received support through the Faculty Development Program’s off-campus component.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today. Click here to submit.