Well City USA is an initiative designed to engage entire business communities in improving the health and well-being of their workforce. The city of Oshkosh had joined this initiative and is on the path to becoming a Well Oshkosh. More than 20 area businesses have made the commitment to the Well Oshkosh project including, UW Oshkosh, Oshkosh Corporation and the Oshkosh YMCA.
UW Oshkosh is working with ThedaCare At Work to provide Personal Health Assessments (PHA) to its employees. Many of our executive leaders at UW Oshkosh have completed a PHA to demonstrate their commitment to employee wellness. This is a free assessment for UW Oshkosh employees only.
Benefits of a PHA on campus:
- Free lab work! Save you a trip to the doctor and the cost for a visit or lab work. Approximate savings of $250-$300 if paid out of pocket.
- If you use a ThedaCare provider, they will be able to access your assessment data. All lab data is entered into the ThedaCare EPIC medical record for all ThedaCare providers to see, which eliminates duplication of services.
- A PDF document of your results to keep or share with your primary physician, if you chose to. You can access this 24/7, 365 days a year online and print a copy anytime you want.
The purpose of a PHA is for employees to identify health conditions for which they may be at risk and be able to receive assistance to reduce those risks. The results of your PHAs are completely confidential. The screening takes approximately 10 minutes and includes:
- Lipid panel (cholesterol)
- Blood glucose
- Nicotine (cotinine)
- Biometrics (height, weight, body composition, body mass index)
- Blood Pressure
- Lifestyle questionnaire
Each employee who participates in a PHA will be entered into a drawing for an iPad. We will also be drawing for UWO apparel from University Books & More.
Assessments will be offered:
- Tuesday, April 23 6 a.m.-10 a.m., at Campus Services Building
- Thursday, April 25 7 a.m.-11 a.m., Reeve Memorial Union, Room 216
- Wednesday, May 1 7 a.m.-11 a.m., Reeve Memorial Union, Room 216
- Friday, May 3 6 a.m.-10 a.m., Reeve Memorial Union, Room 216
Please sign up for a date and time that works best for you by April 17.
Thank you in advance for your commitment in helping to improve your health and the health of UW Oshkosh.
If you have any questions, please visit the FAQ page at uwosh.edu/hr/benefits or contact:
- Tim Danielson, Human Resource Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jamie Schwister, Administrative Services email@example.com
- Sara Pritzl, Administrative Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.