The following announcements were supplied by the Office of Grants and Faculty Development:
- UW Oshkosh received $10,000 from the U.S. Department of Education, Funds for Improvement of Post-secondary Education and the UW System Administration PK-16 Grant Project for “PK-16 Project, Year 2009-10.” Michael Beeth (COEHS) is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $80,466 from UW System under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Title II Higher Education Professional Development Program — Wisconsin Improving Teacher Quality (WITQ) for “Science Teaching through Universal Design and Inquiry.” Reynee Kachur (Science Outreach), John Lemberger (COEHS), Peter Meyerson (COEHS) and Stacy Skoning (COEHS) are co-project directors.
- UW Oshkosh received $126,900 from Winnebago County for “Living Healthy Clinic 2010.” Leona Whitman (CON — Living Healthy Clinic) is the project director.
- Maccabee Levine (Polk Library) will attend the Code4Lib Conference in Asheville, N.C., Feb. 22-25. He received support through the Faculty Development Program’s academic staff component.
- UW Oshkosh received $205 from the University of Wisconsin System Institute on Race and Ethnicity for a campus reading seminar. Jean Kwaterski (Student Affairs) is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh received $255 from the University of Wisconsin System Institute on Race and Ethnicity for a campus reading seminar. Karen Gibson (Educational Leadership) is the project director.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today. Click here to submit.