We want you to be informed and safe when it comes to winter weather and its impact on UW Oshkosh classes and operations.
UW Oshkosh provides real-time winter weather information through several, easy-to-access and easy-to-use channels:
- The UW Oshkosh home page — uwosh.edu – and UW Oshkosh Today — uwosh.edu/today — will display the latest weather-related updates.
- The TitanAlert system sends emergency alerts and weather-related announcements directly to your mobile phone via text messaging. Visit uwosh.edu/home/titanalert to sign up.
- If you haven’t already, download our UW Oshkosh mobile app for your mobile device. It features easy ways to access news, weather and emergency updates.
- Our official UW Oshkosh Facebook page and our Twitter accounts — @uwoshkosh and @UWOshkoshToday – echo inclement weather updates that are relayed through the aforementioned University channels.
- The UW Oshkosh Weather Advisory telephone line can be reached at (920) 424-0000 and is updated with timely information when inclement weather affects campus.
- Closing and delay notices also are sent to local media (newspapers, radio and television).
The decision to cancel classes or close the UW Oshkosh campus is made by the University’s administration. Though the Governor may close state offices or local schools, that decision does not imply that the University will close or cancel classes.
The University rarely suspends classes for weather-related conditions. However, in the event of inclement weather, driving conditions may vary across the region served by our campus, and thus, individuals need to take their own local conditions into account. The judgment about whether to travel to campus rests with the individual. If students and employees feel it is unsafe, they are advised not to attempt the trip.
Employees who experience extreme weather-related transportation difficulties are advised to work with their supervisors regarding absences or the need to leave campus. Students should contact their course instructors prior to when the class is scheduled to meet and make arrangements to make up work.
For more information about TitanAlert and other campus safety resources, visit uwosh.edu/home/current-students/safety.