The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh will usher in autumn with a variety of events for the whole family Sept. 25-26.
The campus community and residents of the greater Oshkosh region are invited to the ninth-annual Fall Fest on the Fox, a celebration of Oshkosh’s waterways and the “bridges” that connect the public with the University’s students, staff and faculty.
The complete schedule follows:
Friday, Sept. 25
- Student-Generated Graffiti Art, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. — Students, faculty, staff and visitors are invited to express themselves by stenciling, painting and doodling on temporary walls on the lawn outside Reeve Memorial Union, 748 Algoma Blvd.
- Inline Skating, 3-5 p.m. — The Student Recreation and Wellness Center, 735 Pearl Ave., will provide skates, helmets and pads at no cost. Reserve skates at Xpeditions@uwosh.edu to ensure availability.
- Kayaking, 4, 5 and 6 p.m. — Warm up for the Dragon Boat Races — or just get out on the water — with a 45-minute Fox River kayaking session at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Xpeditions will provide a lesson on paddling techniques as well as kayaks, paddles and life jackets (limit nine), or bring your own. There is no charge. For more information, contact Xpeditions@uwosh.edu.
- Fish Fry on the Fox, 4-7 p.m. — The University welcomes the community to an open house featuring a buffet dinner, live music, horse-drawn carriage tours of campus and more. The feast and fun can be found at Blackhawk Commons, 725 Algoma Blvd. Tickets cost $10 for adults, $5 for children 3 to 11, and free for children 2 and younger. Advance tickets are required: www.uwosh.edu/fallfest.
- Climbing Wall, 6-8 p.m. — Visitors of all ages are welcome to scale “Mount Oshkosh” inside the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Certified staff will provide the requisite equipment at no cost.
- Alumni Art Exhibition and Reception, 6-8:30 p.m. — Works of art created by UW Oshkosh Alumni will be on display at the Steinhilber Gallery in Reeve Memorial Union, 748 Algoma Blvd. Admission is free.
- Oshkosh Community Dragonboat Paddle Party, 7-10 p.m. — Join paddlers from Saturday’s Dragonboat Races following their practice for a night of free music by Road Trip, food and fun at Leach Amphitheater in downtown Oshkosh.
- Salute to Scholarship, 7 p.m. — Families and faculty gather to recognize freshman scholarship recipients at Reeve Memorial Union.
- “Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen,” 7 and 9:30 p.m. — The nearly new release will be shown in Reeve Union Theatre, which features stadium seating and surround sound. Tickets cost $3.
Saturday, Sept. 26
- Oshkosh Community Dragonboat Race and Festival, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. — Dragons will roam Riverside Park as teams of 20 paddlers race along the Fox River in 40-foot-long canoe-like vessels. Along with the races, a family festival, including hands-on activities for kids, entertainment provided by RadioDisney and the Taiko drummers, games and food make this the area’s most exciting event of the season. Admission is free.
- Parents’ Breakfast with the Chancellor, 9 a.m. — Parents of current and prospective UW Oshkosh students will have the chance to ask questions of administrators as they enjoy an old-fashioned country breakfast at Reeve Memorial Union. Tickets cost $7 for adults, $6 for University students and $4.50 for children 11 and younger. Advance tickets are required: www.uwosh.edu/fallfest.
- Titan football, noon — UW Oshkosh vs. Ohio Dominican at J. J. Keller Field at Titan Stadium, 450 Josslyn Ave. $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and $3 for high school students and younger. A $1 surcharge will be added to all tickets.
- “Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen,” 1:30, 7 and 9:30 p.m. — The nearly new release will shown in Reeve Union Theatre, which features stadium seating and surround sound. Tickets cost $1 for the matinee and $3 for the evening shows.
For more information about Fall Fest on the Fox, visit www.uwosh.edu/fallfest. To learn more about the Dragonboat Race and Festival, to paddle as part of team or to volunteer, visit www.oshkoshdragonboat.com.