The following announcements were supplied by the Office of Grants and Faculty Development:
- UW Oshkosh has received $298,466 for year three of a five-year $1.45 million continuous grant from the United States Department of Education under the English Language Acquistion: National Professional Development Program for “ESTRELLA: Excellent Schools, Teaching and Research for English Language Learner Achievement.” Fred Yeo, dean of College of Education and Human Services, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh has received $3,000 from ClearWay Minnesota for the “5th National Summit on Smokeless and Spit Tobacco.” Chris DeIullis, Office of Continuing Education and Extension, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh has received $218,438 from the National Science Foundation for “Collaborative Research: Expansion of ‘The Math You Need, When You Need It.’” Jennifer Wenner, geology, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh has received $120,000 from the Department of Workforce Development Division of Employment and Training for “Youth Apprenticeship Training 2009-10.” Pat Nichols, CCDET, is the project director.
- UW Oshkosh has received $8,697 from Adaptive Ozone Solutions LLC for “Study of Adaptive Ozone Solutions’ Ozone Injection System.” Greg Kleinheinz , biology and microbiology, is the project director.