The onset of fall colors along the Fox River.
And, of course, a crisp Saturday full of Dragonboat racing…
For the last few years, that has been the idyllic, family-friendly recipe for Fall Fest on the Fox. And the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is, once again, cooking up its tried-and-true tradition for the 12th annual installment beginning this Friday.
Each September since 2000, UW Oshkosh has hosted Fall Fest on the Fox, “a celebration of Oshkosh’s waterways and the ‘bridges’ that connect the greater Oshkosh community with the University’s students, staff and faculty.”
This year’s two-day festival once again will welcome hundreds of UW Oshkosh students’ families back to campus to enjoy all it and the community have to offer.
The weekend’s events begin with:
- The Fall Fest Fish Fry on Friday, Sept. 21. It’s an all-you-care-to-eat buffet featuring deep fried and baked fish, rotisserie-style chicken and a variety of other entrees. Enjoy live music and surprises for the kids in the main dining area. After dinner, take in the brilliant colors of fall while touring the UW Oshkosh campus on a horse drawn carriage tour. Thursday, Sept. 20th, is your last chance to purchase advance (discounted) tickets to the Fish Fry on the Fox, held Friday, Sept. 21st in Blackhawk Commons. Advanced tickets may be purchased until 4:00 p.m. online at uwosh.edu/fallfestor in person in Dempsey Hall Room Room 125 or Room 220. More than just fish, this celebration of campus and community features:
- Carved beef, fish, vegetarian and kid-friendly options (view the menu)
- Dessert and soft drinks included
- Live jazz music by the Marty Robinson Quintet
- Caricature artist (free)
- Face painting and tattoos (free)
- Horse-drawn carriage tours of campus (free)
- Saturday morning’s “Breakfast with the Chancellor” – a hearty breakfast and chance to meet Chancellor Richard Wells. Participants are invited to ask questions and learn more about the University.
- Saturday afternoon’s Oshkosh Community Dragonboat Race and Festival in downtown Oshkosh launching from Riverside Park and the Leach Amphitheater. The races feature 20 person teams from throughout the region, state and Midwest. They will race along the banks of the Fox River between the city’s railroad and Main Street bridges. Guests are invited to “enjoy live bands, family activities and concessions.”
To learn more, plan your schedule and purchase fish-fry tickets: