Graduating senior Ashley Goral, of Greenfield, was selected to be class speaker for the 2 p.m. commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 16, for the Center for New Learning and the colleges of Business, Education and Human Services, and Nursing.
More than 1,4500 undergraduates and graduates will be honored at the morning and afternoon commencement ceremonies at Kolf Sports Center, 785 High Ave., bringing the 2008-2009 class to record-breaking total of about 2,500.
Goral will graduate cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in elementary education (1-8) and cross-categorical special education (1-8). She will speak about the importance of “magic” in teaching lessons and realizing one’s full potential.
“It is important to recognize that spark that makes one energetic about his or her life, career and future,” Goral said.
Throughout her college career, Goral has served in leadership positions in the Oshkosh Student Association, United Students in Residence Halls and the Student Wisconsin Education Association and was employed with the Dean of Students Office and the Admissions Office. Currently, she student teaches at Highlands Elementary School in Appleton and gives swimming lessons at the YMCAs in Oshkosh.
More commencement stories:
- Five tips for grads tackling today’s job market
- 1959 alumni to lead commencement procession
- Greenfield student chosen as class speaker
- Brookfield native chosen as class speaker
- More than 1,400 to receive diplomas May 16
- Live commencement feed viewed internationally
- Take five: spotlight on graduating seniors
- UWO recognizes 10 outstanding seniors May 16
- UW Oshkosh will honor former state legislators
- Class speaker: ‘Keep calm and carry on’
- Keynote speaker: Don’t panic; problem solve
- Class speaker: ‘You haven’t lost the magic’
- Keynote speaker: ‘Be brave and be happy’
- Seen on campus: Spring 2009 Commencement
- Class of 1959 alumni celebrate 50th reunion