The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s College of Nursing and its Board of Visitors celebrated the 20th annual Nightingale Awards Dinner at Reeve Memorial Union May 9.
The Nightingale Award Program honors registered nurses and licensed practical nurses involved in direct patient care who exemplify the highest standards of nursing practice. In 2012, 23 outstanding nurses from across Wisconsin were nominated to receive the Nightingale Award. Seven were awarded the honor.
This year’s award ceremony marks the 20th anniversary of the Nightingale Awards.
In the past 20 years, more than 100 nurses have been recognized with a Nightingale Award. Colleagues, patients and co-workers nominate these nurses for their many accomplishments in nursing excellence in clinical practice.
The seven nurses selected as recipients of the prestigious 20th annual Nightingale Award include:
- Jeanean Bauer, BSN, RN, works as a wound care/ostomy nurse at St. Elizabeth Hospital.
- Mary Ann (Ashauer) Berrens, BSN, RN, is a staff nurse in the day surgical unit at the Appleton Medical Center and New London Family Medical Center.
- Lynette Joy Bosin, BSN, RN, is a registered nurse at St. Agnes Hospital Home Care.
- Dee (Delores) Fietzer, BSN, RN, works at the ambulatory care department at ThedaCare’s Riverside Medical Center.
- Audrey James, BSN, RN, works as a staff nurse in the intensive care unit and the emergency department at Aurora Medical Center.
- Teresa Paulus, BSN, RN, is a public health nurse for the Winnebago County Health Department.
- Adeline I. Schroeder (Abby), ADN, RN, is a clinical support nurse at Bridge Community Health Clinic.
- 20th Nightingale Awards celebrate excellence in nursing
- First-ever doctoral grads make UWO history May 12