Guests at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh spring Commencement, and audiences around the globe, will be able to experience the ceremonies and day-of details from just about anywhere with an Internet connection Saturday, May 12.
Not only will the University provide a live webcast of both the 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. ceremonies, but people can also connect by using the University’s free mobile app, which includes – for the first-time ever – special commencement-related information.
“We are ecstatic to be able to offer this new app to our graduates and their guests. From their phone, commencement attendees will be able find maps and directions, view the program and link back to our webpage,” said Laura Rommelfanger, executive events coordinator at UW Oshkosh who runs the Commencement ceremony each year. “App-users will also have a backstage pass with live updates via our Twitter and Facebook feeds.”
Those interested in connecting can also use UW Oshkosh’s social networks directly.
- Twitter: Commencement graduates and guests are invited to join the conversation, give shout-outs, ask questions and share photos on Twitter using the hashtag #uwograd. Follow @uwocommencement for the inside-scoop on all commencement-related activity.
- Facebook: Grads and guests can also share commencement photos and thoughts.
- First-ever doctoral grads make UWO history May 12
- Eighteen honored with Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence
- Faculty Commencement speakers: ‘Happy head,’ fulfilling work key to success