Winners of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s 36th-annual juried art exhibit for Wisconsin high school students were named at High School Art Day, April 2 in the Allen Priebe Art Gallery in the Arts and Communication Center.
This year’s exhibit included 168 works submitted by 39 schools. Categories of work included ceramics, drawing, fibers, graphics, metals, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture and video.
- Best of Ceramics: Natalie Meurer, St. Mary’s Springs, “Tree Pot,” Grade 12
- Best of Drawing: Allison O’Brien, Renaissance School for the Arts, “Can’t See the Music,” Grade 12
- Best of Fibers: Emily Kuplack, St Mary’s Central High, “Big Bulb,” Grade 12
- Best of Graphics: Mitch Guralski, Marathon High School, “Self Portrait,” Grade 12
- Best of Metals: Jason Arnoldussen, Oshkosh North High School, “My Buddy Blo,” Grade 12
- Best of Mixed Media: Aaron Styza, Arrowhead High School, “Me, Myself and Styza,” Grade 12
- Best of Painting: Nicole Schiefelbein, Berlin High School, “Cows,” Grade 11
- Best of Photography: Miranda Perez, Shawano Community High School, “Working Man,” Grade 12
- Best of Printmaking: Miranda Lobajeski, Horace Mann High School, “Black and Gold,” Grade 12
- Best of Sculpture: Peng Yang, South High School, Sheboygan, “The Winning Shot,” Grade 12
- Best of Video: Olivia Zeuske, Shawano Community High School, “What Are You Going to Do?” Grade 12
- Art Education Students’ Award: Taylor Mc Darison, Elkhorn Area High School, “Allegorical Casket,” Grade 10
- Chair Award, Department of Art: Xai Thao, Renaissance School for the Arts, “Xai-Effects,” Grade 12
- Dean’s Award, College of Letters and Science: Suengyun Yang, Xavier High School, “Cousin,” Grade12
- Dean’s Award, College of Education and Human Services: Joshua Daul, De Pere High School, “Free Bird,” Grade 12
- Vice Chancellor’s Award, UWO: Chase Dawson, Algoma High School, “Twister,” Grade 11
- Chancellor’s Award, UWO: Abby Barlament, Ashwaubenon High School, “Reflection,” Grade 12
- Best of Show: Cassie Hintz, Campbellsport High School, “Clash of Cultures,” Grade 11
- Oshkosh Fine Arts Association: Scott Schueler, Markesan High School, “Reoccurring History,” Grade 12
- Oshkosh Fine Arts Association: Alex Tischendorf, Kewauskum High School, “Creation,” Grade 12
For more information, contact Anna Hill at (920) 424-2235.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.