The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Alumni Association invites the campus community and friends of the University to its annual awards reception and dinner on Friday, Oct. 21, in Reeve Memorial Union, as part of Homecoming 2011.
Seven top UW Oshkosh alumni will be honored at the event. Four will receive the Distinguished Alumni Award ― the highest alumni award from the association ― for being active in their professional fields and widely recognized for their career and civic accomplishments.
The 2011 UW Oshkosh Distinguished Alumni Award winners include: David Gillingham ’69 and MST ‘77, Mount Pleasant, Mich.; Sandra (Whiting) Smeeding ’70, Salt Lake City, Utah; Patrick Stiegman ’88, Canton, Conn.; and Thomas Taraska ’75, Brookfield.
Three will be given the Outstanding Young Alumni Award, honoring alumni who have graduated within the last 15 years for their professional and civic accomplishments and future promise.
Recipients of the Outstanding Young Alumni Award include: Michael Fredrick ’97, Oconomowoc; Lori Kraus ’02, Cumming, Ga.; and Ginger Lee-Held MS ’00, Oshkosh.
To attend the event, please contact the Alumni Relations office at (920) 424-3349 or send an email to email@example.com. The cost is $25 per person.
- Alumni Pride: Journalism grad sports dream job
- Alumni Pride: Taraska scores as top football coach
- Alumni Pride: Journalism grad’s expertise, creativity help nonprofits
- Alumni Pride: Lee-Held teaches lessons of tenacity and hope
- Alumni Pride: Nursing grad helps heal veterans’ minds, bodies and souls
- Alumni Pride: Gillingham hits high note as top composer
- Alumni Pride: Kraus oversees on-air promotion for CNN
- Seven UWO alumni to receive top honors
- UW Oshkosh Homecoming 2011