GE Oil and Gas was named the local grand champion, and Motley Crew, of Racine, was named the visiting grand champion at the Oshkosh Community Dragon Boat Race and Festival, Sept. 20. The races are in integral part of UW Oshkosh’s Fall Fest on the Fox Weekend, which aims to build bridges between the University and surrounding community.
Other awards are as follows:
- Best Supporting Team Award — 4Imprint
- Team Spirit Award — Art City Signs
- Division A winner — Motley Crew
- Division B winner — M&I Bank
- Division C winner — The OC (Oshkosh Corporation)
- Division D winner — Anderson Cleaning
- Non-Profit Division Winner — Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce
- Education Division winner — Team Edu-Leaders (Oshkosh Area School District)
- Health and Wellness Division winner — Oshkosh Community YMCA
- Service Division winner — M&I Bank
- Independent Division winner — Motley Crew
For a complete list of teams and the heat results, visit www.uwosh.edu/dragonboat/teampages/2008/PDFs/dragonboat2008results.pdf.