Seven exhibits have been announced for the Fall 2008/Spring 2009 season of the Allen Priebe Art Gallery, Room N102 of the Arts and Communication Center, 926 Woodland Ave.
Gallery hours for the gallery are 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday; 7-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday.
- Michael Marshall: Notes from a Journey, Sept. 9 to 24, (artist reception: 7-9 p.m. Sept. 10) Michael Marshall is an artist from Athens, Ga., whose recent projects span from explorations of the spiritual landscape to natural history museums.
- Roger Sayre and David Poppie : (re)mix media, Oct. 2 to 26, (artist reception: 7-9 p.m. Oct. 2) Artists Sayre and Poppie plan an exhibition based on their concern with the consequences of environmental disasters, cost-effective and durable habitat as well as the immediacy of recycling inorganic material. They will collaborate with students on an installation of work in the Annex gallery.
- Christina West: Figurative Ceramic, Oct. 30 to Dec. 1, (artist reception: 7-9 p.m. Nov. 5) Christina West’s work caters to her own interests in psychology, sociology and narrative. With her work she says that she “creates clay figures that become characters for other people’s stories. (They) walk the line between the ordinary and unusual, the innocent and corrupt, and/or the public and private.”
- Eighth-Annual UWO Student Honors Exhibition, Feb. 5 to 22 (artist reception: 7-9 p.m. Feb. 11) A survey of the work of sophomore-through-senior art majors.
- High School Art Exhibit, March 10, ends with High School Art Day on April 2; this is the 36th-annual juried exhibit of state high school art.
- Biennial Faculty Exhibit, April 9 to May 3 (artist reception: 6-8 p.m. April 9) An exhibition of work from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh art department faculty and staff.
- Graphic Design Senior Exhibition, May 6 to 11 (artist reception: 6-8 p.m. May 7th).
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call (920) 424-2235.