The 18th annual University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Celebration of Scholarship, a student research and creative activities event to showcase undergraduate and graduate research from all disciplines, was held April 28 in Reeve Memorial Union.
Graduate award recipients include the following:
- Jessica Dorschner (Toivo Kallas, biology and microbiology), Proteome Responses of Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002 to High Light Intensity and Isoprene Production Via the Methyl-erythritol-4-phosphate (MEP) Pathway; and
- Anne Herlache (Anca Miron, psychology), The Motivating Effect of Standards of Injustice on Pro-Environmental Actions.
Undergraduate award recipients include the following:
- Robert Adler (Matthew Miller, music), Beginner’s Classical Guitar Method Book;
- David Edwards (Robert Pillsbury, biology and microbiology), Effects of Grazer Habits on Nitrogen Cycling within Periphyton Mats;
- Kenneth Hanson and Nicholas Ziebert (Nenad Stojilovic, Physics/Astronomy), Effect of Calcination Temperature on the Properties of TiO2 – ZnO Nanofibers; and
- Liem Nguyen (David Penniston, mathematics), Parity of K-regular Partition Functions.
Clow award recipients include the following:
- Jennifer Haegele (Mamadou Coulibaly, geography), Post-Event Community-Based Urban Flood Hazard-Mapping by Aerial Photography and Damage Assessment: Case of Fond du Lac, WI; and
- Hope Schuhart (Michael Jasinski, political science), Social Desirability Bias in Surveys and Online Discussions of Civic Engagement in American Teens and Emerging Adults
Nursing research award recipients include the following:
- Tiffany Laughlin (Jaya Jambunathan, nursing), The Experience of Infertility from the Male Perspective
Susan Surendonk, Grants and Faculty Development, submitted this announcement. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.