The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) will be held March 31-April 2 in Ithaca, N.Y.
Congratulations to the following students who will participate and their advisers:
- Sara Hagedorn and Diana Cartier (Misty McPhee, Environmental Studies/Biology and Microbiology), Categorizing Animals as Bold or Timid and its Importance to the Conservation of Endangered Wildlife;
- Emily Fisher and Suzi Hietpas, (Misty McPhee, Environmental Studies/Biology and Microbiology), The Correlation Between Investigative and Foraging Behaviors in Meadow Voles (Microtus pennsylvanicus);
- Alexander Turinske (Nenad Stojilovic, Physics and Astronomy), Effect of High-temperature Calcination on Properties of Alumina Nanofibers;
- Nathan Harris, a McNair Scholar, (Steven Winters, Mathematics), Solving Eternity II: Edge Matching Puzzles;
- Hope Schuhart, a McNair Scholar, (Michael Jasinski, Political Science), Social Desirability in Bias Surveys and Online Discussions of Civic Engagement in American Teens and Emerging Adults;
- Weston Fredenberg, a McNair Scholar, (Marguerite Parks, COEHS), The Impact of Diversity Training on Understanding Minorities in American Films
Susan Surendonk, assistant director for Office of Grants and Faculty Development, submitted this announcement. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to contribute calendar items, campus announcements and other good news to UW Oshkosh Today.