If you are configuring a device that you own as an individual, please use the self-service options below to setup your Google Apps Mail, Contacts and Calendars on your mobile device.
If your device is owned by UW Oshkosh, you have the option of contacting the Academic Computing Helpdesk at (920) 424-3020. Please do not call the helpdesk for support in configuring your personal devices, instead see Google's instructions at the links below.
iPhone and iPad (Mail, Contacts, Calendar Sync)
Option #1 - Configuration Tool
1. Using your iPad or iPhone, download the iPhone/iPad Configuration App for Titan Apps and follow the instructions in screenshots directly below. (The app will configure sync of mail, contacts and calendar for your device.)
You will be prompted to enter your Titan Apps username (full @uwosh.edu email address) TWO TIMES when you run the app!
2. Enter full @uwosh.edu address for Username at this screen:
3. Enter full @uwosh.edu address AGAIN for Domain\User at this screen:
4. Enter your Titan Apps password when prompted.
Option #2 - Manual Setup Instructions
- From ‘Settings’ select ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’, then select ‘Microsoft Exchange’
- Enter your FULL email address including @uwosh.edu in the ‘Email’ field and leave ‘Domain’ blank.
- Enter your FULL email address including @uwosh.edu in the ‘Username’ field
- Enter your email password.
- Change ‘Description’ to ‘TitanApps’ and tap ‘Next’.
- Tap ‘Continue’ at the ‘Cannot Verify Server Identity’ popup.
- In the ‘Server’ field enter ‘m.google.com’, then tap ‘Next’
- Verify you want Mail, Contacts, and Calendars, turn off what you do not wish to sync on your iOS device, then tap ‘Save’.
- If you already have contacts on your iOS device you may be asked what to do with your current contacts.
- If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted.
- If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the All Contacts group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the latter will happen -- the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.
**Note: Choosing to Delete Existing Contacts will remove ALL Contacts on your Device!**
How to delete UW Oshkosh Titan Apps email, calendar, contacts from your iPhone or iPad.
You can turn Mail, Contacts, Calendar sync on or off individually by going to the Settings app, then 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' and then clicking on Titan Apps.
Alternatively, you can delete all Titan Apps syncing and data from your iOS device by going to the Settings app, then General, then Profile. Once at the Profile screen, use the Remove button to comletely remove all Titan Apps data and sync services from your device. PLEASE NOTE! Once you do this, you will need to download the Profile app (above) again if you wish to setup sync in the future.
iPhone and iPad Apps
An alternative to setting up mail sync to the native mail app on the iPhone is the Gmail app. The app provides a very similar experience to Gmail on the web with access to labels right in the app.
Google Drive App
Provides access to view and edit Google Docs on your iPhone or iPad. Also syncs all your Google Docs to your device.
Support for Google Apps Mail, Contacts and Calendars is built in to Google's Android mobile operating system. Go to the accounts application on your Android device and sign-in using your UW Oshkosh Google Apps credentials to get your mail, contacts and calendars on your Android device. Remember, you must sign in using your full firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
If you would like to configure Gmail on your mobile device using an IMAP connection (syncs email only), please visit Google Support for step-by-step instructions.
Gmail, Contacts and Calendar Sync for Blackberry, Windows, Nokia and SyncML Devices.
To learn more about Google Sync (email, contacts and calendar on your phone), visit www.google.com/mobile/sync. Google Sync only works with certain mobile devices. If your device does not support Google Sync see the Email through IMAP instructions above.