Theatre Scholarships and Awards
Theatre Scholarships and Awards Opportunities
- Mark Gruenwald Scholarship
Currently enrolled UW-Oshkosh students who plan to be enroll during the next school year are invited to apply for the Mark Gruenwald Memorial Scholarship. Students who are involved in two or more areas of the arts are eligible, demonstrating an interdisciplinary approach to the arts, which may include, but are not limited to, visual art, creative writing, music, theatre, media, and dance. Recipients are selected by a panel of faculty members from several UW-Oshkosh art programs. Scholarships awarded include a cash award and a Certificate of Merit.
Information on applying is available on the Gruenwald Scholarship page.
The Edith Hollister Award was established in 1991 to provide support for the theatre and drama program. The award is given to students for Outstanding Contributions in various areas selected by Theatre Faculty. In the past some catagories have included: UW Oshkosh Theatre Acting Award, UW Oshkosh Theatre Freshman Award, UW Oshkosh Theatre Technical Award, UW Oshkosh Theatre Senior Award.
- Willcockson Scholarship
Deadline: March 15 Awards: Several Requirements for consideration:
- Must be an admitted new freshman
- Rank in top 25 percent of high school class
- Must provide a resume of theatre activities
- Submit two letters of recommendation; one should be from your drama teacher or theatre director
- Winners must participate in the theatre program during their freshman year; one credit is earned each semester
- Apply by March 15