UW System Placement Test
As a rule, all incoming freshmen and some transfer students are required to take the English and Math Placement tests prior to registering at UW Oshkosh. Optional Placement Tests are available in French, Spanish and German.
- Regional Placement Testing: This testing is offered in the spring on selected weekends. Our Admissions Office will email all admitted students registration information on Regional Placement Testing in January. A flat fee of $25 for Regional Placement Testing is assessed to each first-year freshmen upon matriculation to UW Oshkosh. This will appear on the student’s bill in the Fall.
- Testing Dates at UW Oshkosh:
|Saturday, March 25, 2017||Saturday, May 6, 2017|
|Saturday, April 22, 2017||Saturday, May 27, 2017|
|Saturday, April 29, 2017|
- To register or for further information, go to www.testing.wisc.edu and click on "spring regional testing program." Students can only register on this website from February through June.
- Residual Placement Testing: Students not able to do the Regional Placement Testing in the spring will take Residual Placement Tests. This testing does not require pre-registration or an appointment and can be taken throughout the year on a walk-in basis when Testing Services is open. For open hours, click on “Hours” and then “Classroom Testing.” Testing Services is located in the lower level of the Polk Library Room 2. Freshmen students taking a Residual Placement Test are assessed an additional testing fee above and beyond the $25 flat fee. Students who plan to attend UW Oshkosh will be assessed a $5 fee per test. A $10 fee per test will be assessed to students not planning to attend UW Oshkosh. These fees are paid to Testing Services at the time of testing. For more information call (920) 424-1432.
- ID Requirements: Photo ID is required.
- Estimated Length of Test:
Note: Add 10 minutes of time for completion of answer sheet and check in prior to testing.
- English - 90 minutes
- Math - 90 minutes
- Foreign Language - 60 minutes
- Special Information: Students are allowed to use a non-graphing calculator on the Math Placement Test.
- Special Testing Accommodations: Documentation is needed. If you are doing Regional Placement Testing, see the Placement Testing Homepage listed above. If doing Residual Placement testing, please call (920) 424-1432.
- Study Guides/Practice Tests: Sample questions can be found by following this link.