The computer-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is generally used as a part of the admission process to colleges and universities for foreign students. The purpose of the TOEFL is to evaluate the English proficiency of people whose native language is not English. The test is made up of four sections, all of which are mandatory.
- Writing - An essay is composed in this section.
- Registration: Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Register by mail (the form is downloadable from the TOEFL Web site).
- Phone registration - 1-800-468-6335, credit card required.
- Online registration - www.toefl.org, credit card is required. When you register, you will be required to establish a username and password.
- Cost: The current cost is US $150.
- Rescheduling or Cancelling an Appointment: You must reschedule or cancel your registration no later than three full business days before your test date (not including the day of your test or the day of your request). Example: The deadline to reschedule a Saturday test date is Tuesday. If you cancel in this time frame a partial refund of US $75 is then available to you.
- To reschedule, you must provide your registration number and the full name you used to register. The fee for rescheduling is $40. Payment must be received prior to rescheduling.
- Go to the TOEFL Web site to reschedule or call 1-800-468-6335 to cancel or reschedule.
- You cannot reschedule or cancel your registration via mail or email.
- Test Preparation: Practice online: http://toeflpractice.ets.org (The only web site with official questions from the new TOEFL test).
- Parking: For your convenience we have five spaces in Lot 34 (Elmwood Avenue) which are reserved spaces for clients of Testing Services - A permit is required and may be obtained in Testing Services.
- Arrival: Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to appointment.
Note: Please do not arrive late for your testing appointment. According to ETS guidelines we may not test you and fees will not be refunded.
- Identification: A valid, signed passport must be presented. See the TOEFL website for more details.
- Locker: A locker is provided for you during your testing period at no charge.