The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is used for admission by some graduate schools in place of or in addition to, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The test is totally comprised of analogies. The test taker has 60 minutes to complete 120 items. Currently the test is available in a computer based format.
- Registration Information/Test Dates:The MAT is administered on an appointment basis. Call (920) 424-1432 for registration materials or download the Registration Admission Form (doc) or Registration Admission Form (PDF).
- Cost: The test fee of $85 payable to UW Oshkosh must be submitted with the registration form.
- ID Requirements: A current U.S. government issued photo ID with signature is required.
- Estimated Length of Test: Test time is 60 minutes. Total administration time is 75-90 minutes.
- Study Guides: Study Guides are available at UW Oshkosh, University Books and More as well as many bookstores.
- Special Testing Accommodations: Special testing accommodations may be available. It is important to notify us of your special needs well in advance of your proposed test date (at least four weeks). If your needs are such that you will require extra time or assistance to take the MAT, you will be given a non-standard administration. Fill out the Accommodations Request Form and submit it to us along with the supporting documentation (see MAT Candidate Information Bulletin available in Testing Services office and in Graduate Studies office in Dempsey 337).
Testing Services, Polk Library 4
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
801 Elmwood Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901