The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) provide an opportunity to demonstrate college-level knowledge, gained through non-traditional study outside the college classroom that may lead to college credit by examination. More than 1400 institutions of higher education award college credit for successful completion of DSST exams in 37 different areas including mathematics, social science, business, physical science, applied technology and humanities.
- Registration Information/Test Dates: Call (920) 424-1432 for a registration packet. Tests are administered on an appointment basis.
- Cost: $100 per exam ($80 payable to The DSST Program, $20 payable to UW Oshkosh).
- Payment to the DSST Program: Acceptable form of payment is a valid major credit card.
- Payment to UW Oshkosh Testing Services: Make check or money order payable to UW Oshkosh.
- ID Requirements: One valid photo ID with signature (e.g. valid driver's license, valid passport).
- Estimated Length of Test: Each test is designed to be completed in 90 minutes or less, however, there is no specified time limit for completion.
- Special Testing Accommodations: The DSST Program International is committed to serving test takers with disabilities by providing services and reasonable testing accommodations as set forth in the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you have a disability as prescribed by the ADA, and require special testing services or arrangements, please contact the test administrator at the test site. You will be asked to submit to the test administrator documentation of your disability and your request for special accommodations. The test administrator will then forward your documentation along with your request for testing accommodations to Prometric for approval. Please submit your request as well in advance of your test date as possible so that we may have the opportunity to make the necessary accommodations.
Only test takers with documented disabilities are eligible for special accommodations.