There are 33 College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams currently available. Any high school or college student, or other person, who feels he or she has the required knowledge of these areas, may take these tests. Tests are given at many colleges and universities. Students successfully completing the exams may request credit at the college level. Please click here for credits accepted for CLEP exams at UW Oshkosh. Each college determines acceptable passing score and course credit for that institution. We advise that college students meet with their academic advisor prior to taking these exams. Here at UW Oshkosh, test dates are on selected Tuesdays each month. Full registration is a two-step process, beginning with reserving a test date by completing and submitting the . Then register online at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount
- Registration Information/Fees: A non-refundable registration fee of $20, payable to UW Oshkosh must be submitted with the registration form.
- The other fee for each CLEP exam is $80. All candidates (with the exception of certain test takers with disabilities) must register and pay their exam fee via My Account at https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount PRIOR to the date of their scheduled exam. Each exam that a candidate takes requires individual registration. Once a candidate registers and pays the exam fee via My Account, he or she will be able to review/print the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket. In addition, the candidate will also receive an automated email confirming the registration and notifying him/her to print the registration ticket (REQUIRED to bring with you when you take the test), along with other pre/post test day reminders. A CLEP registration is valid for six months; the expiration date will be printed on the ticket.
- If you are taking an exam with an optional essay, there is an additional $12 fee payable to UW Oshkosh on the day of the exam. The exams that have optional essays are: American Literature, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, and English Literature.
- ID Requirements: Two forms of ID are required.
- Primary ID: current driver's license, passport or other government issued identification that includes your photograph and signature.
- Secondary ID: should include a photo and/or your signature, such as a student ID.
- Additional Questions: Please call UW Oshkosh Testing Services at (920) 424-1432
- Study Guides: Study Guides and additional CLEP information are available at: