There are 32 College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams currently available. Any high school or college student, or other person, who feels he or she has the required knowledge of these areas, may take these tests. Tests are given at many colleges and universities. Students successfully completing the exams may request credit at the college level. Credits accepted for CLEP exams at UW Oshkosh are listed at the back of the UW Oshkosh Undergraduate Bulletin. Each college determines acceptable passing score and course credit for that institution. We advise that college students meet with their academic advisor prior to taking these exams. Test dates are on selected Tuesdays each month. Upon receipt of your registration form and registration fee, Testing Services will contact you to reserve an exam appointment or to arrange an alternate testing date.
- Registration Information/Test Dates: Call (920) 424-1432. Registration form must be received, along with the $20 registration fee, prior to setting up a testing appointment.
- $97 per test ($20 registration fee, $77 testing fee payable at time of testing).
- On July 1, 2012 the testing fee will be raised to $80.
- Payment to CLEP: The $77 test fee is payable on the test date by Credit Card (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, JCB) or personal check payable to CLEP.
- There is an additional $12 fee required for written essays.
- Payment to Testing Services: The $20 registration fee may be paid by cash or personal check payable to UW Oshkosh.
- ID Requirements: Two Photo IDs are required-one must be a current government issued ID with signature.
- Study Guides: Study Guides and additional CLEP information are available at: