The American College Testing (ACT) Residual is a battery of tests normally given during the junior and/or senior year of high school to students seeking college admission. The ACT Residual is given several times per year at UW Oshkosh. It is the same battery of tests given during the national administration but the scores are only accepted at UW Oshkosh. Upon receipt of your registration fee, you will be sent a registration packet. The test consists of five objective parts:
- English (45 minutes)
- Mathematics (60 minutes)
- Reading (35 minutes)
- Science (35 minutes)
- Writing Assessment (30 minutes-See bulletin for details)
- Registration Information/Test Dates: Call Testing Services at (920) 424-1432. A $15 non refundable registration fee must be received prior to being mailed the registration packet. The fee may be paid by cash or personal check payable to "UW Oshkosh".
- Cost: $65 per test ($15.00 non refundable registration fee, $50 cash or check made payable to UW Oshkosh at the time of test administration).
- ID Requirements: Photo ID is required. (See ACT web site for specific requirements, Click on actstudent.org, enter ID in search box, click on first entry).
- Estimated Length of Test: Three and a half hours
- Student Guides: Available in Reference Section of most larger bookstores. Also available in computer review format.
- Special Information: Certain calculators are allowed to be brought for the math portion of the exam. Others are strictly prohibited. For updated information go to www.act.org.