Green purchasing takes into account the cost and quality of products as well as their environmental and social impacts. The campus is moving toward greater sustainability by purchasing recycled, eco-friendly products. To date the University does not have a Green Purchasing Policy due to restrictions set my State and UW System guidelines. However, departments across UW Oshkosh use some or all of the purchases below.
UW Oshkosh current Green Purchases
- Student labs - 30% recycled paper
- Other printers - 100% recycled paper
Energy Star Products
- Computer monitors
- Other electronics and faucets
- Click here for more information!
- Incandescent bulbs in much of campus have been replaced with CFL or LED lights
- Click here for more information about LED energy savings!
Eco-friendly cleaning chemicals
LEED Certified Building Purchasing Agreement
In the campus LEED-certified and LEED-inspired buildings, regionally manufactured furnishings and fixtures that have minimal environmental impact were selected. This choice is also recognized as a step towards LEED certification.
Additional information about LEED credits is found on the US Green Building Council website.
Fair Trade Products
Learn more about green purchasing at UWO in the Campus Sustainability Plan.