Environmental Health & Safety
Objective: To ensure that practices regarding campus health and safety are compliant with the best and most recent standards.
- Ensure that training for hazardous waste and biohazard waste is performed regularly and properly
- Develop a better inventory of chemicals across campus (use "the cloud" system).
- Assess and address adequate sharps containers in bathrooms/sporting events
- Promote Health/Risk assessments for all employees
- Develop a better reporting process for accidents and hazards (potentially using some kind of app or social media). Ensure better follow-up on accident reporting and prevention. (Risk Management Team collaboration)
- Partner with Ignite, a student organization, to promote healthy choices and educate the campus about tobacco use.
- Look into the use of ductless fume hoods and the appropriateness of their implementation
- Increase the number of students with health insurance (estimated 30-35% uninsured)
- Promote the Family Planning Waiver - (for females: women's health needs, reducing unplanned pregnancies, for males: STD testing)
- Assess and address the UW-Oshkosh shooting range in the basement of Polk (Pb ammunition/problems associated with cleanup and disposal)
- Partner with the City of Oshkosh to establish an on-campus "Drug Drop" for the campus community to properly dispose of medications, drugs, etc.
- Increase awareness of counseling and mental health advocacy on campus
- Increase the number of flu shots given
- Increase students awareness and utilization of the "health advocates" on campus