Co-Curricular and Residence Life
Objective: To increase student understanding of sustainability across campus and connect sustainability knowledge to experiences outside of the classroom.
- Use major events (sports, graduation) to highlight sustainable practices. This includes increased recycling bins and sustainably-sourced materials for all aspects of events
- Use major events (sports, graduation) to highlight sustainable practices.This includes increased recycling bins and sustainably-sourced materials for all aspects of events
- Develop a regularly updated Sustainability Tour of campus that highlights our sustainability successes as a campus
- Have a campus-wide Sustainability Calendar that is easily accessible on and off campus. (from 2008 Plan, Events)
- Update the Sustainability website to become a "go-to" place to the campus community and the community-at-large can access all information related to campus sustainability.
- Residence life
- Partner with facilities to develop waste management strategic programming that diverts waste generated during move-in/move-out days
- Develop materials and programs so that sustainability is a key component of first year experience and orientation. (This goes beyond tours of campus)
- Continue to expand and develop programming with CAs and Residence life (Eco-Reps, Sustainability Advisors)
- Sustainability Leadership Program
- Identify study abroad experiences related to sustainability and ensure learning outcomes reflect measurable gains in sustainability literacy
- Develop new study abroad courses focused on sustainability.