Student Health Advisory Committee
The purpose of this committee is to:
- Serve in a consultative capacity to guide Student Health Center policies, procedures, programs, and both long- and short-range planning.
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding available and/or potential services of the Student Health Center, as well as recommendations for campus-wide health promotion efforts.
- To enhance the health and well-being of UWO students and to provide an important avenue for students to offer input and assistance to the Student Health Center.
- The staff leadership is comprised of the Director of Student Health, a Registered Nurse and Health Promotion Coordinator.
- Student committee members will have the opportunity to serve as chairs for the following subcommittees:
- Health Promotion & Communication
- Assessment & Policy
- Clinical Services
- Campus Violence Prevention
- Additional specialty subcommittees if/when priority issues are identified.
- The committee uses data to inform services and programming and balances evidence-based work with the need for innovation.
- Recommendations are made based on the consensus of members.
Membership & Meetings:
- The committee is comprised of UWO students from a variety of different backgrounds, majors and co-curricular interests.
- Membership is open to all registered students in good academic standing.
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is required.
- Fall semester (2016) meetings will be held on September 19 and December 5 from 5:00 - 6:00 PM.
- Apply by September 9, 2016 to be given first priority consideration for Fall 2016 semester membership.
Interested in becoming a Member?
If you are interested in health or health care administration, consider volunteering to serve on this committee. You will discuss and make recommendations about health policies, fees, marketing, the budget, etc.
This is also an opportunity to network with other students interested in health. Refer to the Strategic Outline for more information on the Student Health Advisory Committee's mission, values, purpose and operations.
If you have additional questions, contact Pamela MacWilliams, Director of Student Health Center at (920) 424-0425 or email at email@example.com.