Drugs and Alcohol
- Discuss the use of alcohol and drugs openly with your child.
- Emphasize the need to make conscious behavior choices.
- Talk about ways that your child can handle drinking environments at parties.
- Discover a comfortable way to say "no".
- Drink non-alcoholic beverages.
- Don't participate in drinking games.
- Be the "designated driver".
- Discuss the implications of legal charges and career ramifications of underage drinking or drunk driving - drug and alcohol charges can seriously hurt your chances of finding a professional job.
- Drinking and drug-use are generally involved in incidents of sexual assault or making unhealthy choices about sexual activity.
- Emphasize healthy social choices such as campus clubs, going to movies, joining intramurals, etc.
- If your child makes poor choices, encourage them to come to you to discuss options.
- The Counseling Center can be an excellent resource.
FALL & SPRING (14-week terms)
Monday 8 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m
Interims (3 weeks)
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesdays: 10-4:30 p.m.
June 15 - Aug. 7
9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Thursday
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh — Where Excellence and Opportunity Meet.