Learn what to expect and prepare for the ACT!
ACT Test Prep Bootcamp
July 28 and August 4–8, 2014 (mornings)
A strong performance on the ACT can make the difference in your ability to be admitted to your top college choices. Give yourself the edge you need by taking the UW Oshkosh ACT Test Prep course.
Our summer bootcamp is made for students who want a week-long, intensive study experience. The class meets each morning from August 4–8, in addition to the morning test session on July 28.
The ACT examination contains four curriculum-based tests that measure academic achievement in the areas of English, reading, math and science reasoning. By enrolling in the UW Oshkosh ACT prep program, you will strengthen your academic skills and learn test-taking strategies that will prepare you for the ACT.
This program provides:
- A comprehensive ACT prep textbook
- Opportunity to take two official retired ACT tests
- Customized study plan based on strengths and weaknesses identified in the pre-test
- 12 hours of instruction in four content areas
- Writing strategies to assist you in the essay part of the ACT exam
- Test-taking strategies for each of the components and for the entire test
- Practice with printed materials where test-taking tips can be applied and reinforced
- Interactive skill drills in deficit areas as measured by the diagnostic test.
Boot Camp Schedule
|Monday, July 28||8:30 a.m. – Noon||ACT Pre-test|
|Optional||12:15 p.m.||Lunch at Blackhawk Commons*|
|1:30 p.m.||Admissions Counselor presentation|
|2–3:15 p.m.||Tour of UW Oshkosh|
|Monday, Aug. 4||9 a.m.–Noon||Reading|
|Tuesday, Aug. 5||9 a.m.–Noon||Math|
|Wednesday, Aug. 6||9 a.m.–Noon||English|
|Thursday, Aug. 7||9 a.m.–Noon||Science|
|Friday, Aug. 8||9 a.m.–Noon||Post-test|
*The optional lunch at Blackhawk Commons is an additional $7.
Upcoming Course Dates:
- Summer 2014: July 28 and August 4–8, 2014 (mornings) Register now >>
- Fall 2014: Oct. 11 – Nov. 15 (Saturday mornings) Registration coming soon
- Spring 2015: Feb. 21–March 28 (Saturday mornings) Registration coming soon
UW Oshkosh Campus
Summer Bootcamp: $206*
Fall or Spring Session: $200
*There is also an optional lunch for the summer bootcamp program on Monday, July 28. The additional cost is $7.
All fees include Cambridge ACT Victory textbook, official retired ACT pre- and post-tests, and analysis and instruction in four content areas.
Call the Division of Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement at (920) 424-1129 or toll-free at (800) 633-1442.