Alpha Kappa Delta
Alpha Kappa Delta
The UW-Oshkosh Gamma chapter of Alpha Kappa Delta invites applications for membership in Alpha Kappa Delta – the international sociology honor society.
- The status of Life Member is conferred upon those persons who have been approved for membership by a Chartered Chapter of this society and who have paid the initiation fee for membership.
- The status of Voting member is conferred upon those Life Members who maintain a current subscription to Sociological Inquiry, official journal of the United Chapters of Alpha Kappa Delta.
Eligibility Requirements – Undergraduates
1. Must be an officially declared sociology major or demonstrate a serious interest in sociology within an official program ofthe host institution.
2. Must be at least a junior (third year) by standards of the host institution.
3. Must have accumulated the equivalent of an overall GPA of 3.0 (by a four point scale
where: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0) and rank in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship
4. Must have maintained the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA in sociology courses taken at the host institution prior to initiation.
5. Must have completed at least four regular courses in sociology prior to initiation (exclusive of extension or courses graded pass/fail).
$42 – check payable to Gamma Chapter of AKD
Make check payable to the Gamma Chapter of Alpha Kappa Delta. The chapter will deposit checks and write one check to AKD for all new initiates.
1. Name as you wish to have it appear on the certificate.
2. Address to which AKD materials should be sent. (Will forward to AKD - permanent address is best)
3. UWO identification number to enable us to verify eligibility requirements.
Dr. Peter Remender