Wisconsin Council on Social Work Education Scholarship Award Application 2013
The WICSWE Scholarship Award is a financial award designed to provide support to students pursuing a professional social work degree, funded from contributions of social work faculty throughout Wisconsin. The scholarship is also designed to encourage and recognize excellence in volunteerism, scholarship, creative thinking, and writing.
The Wisconsin Council on Social Work Education is offering a $500 scholarship for one BSW student for the Spring 2013 semester, as well as a free hotel room and conference registration for our spring conference.
Please consider applying as well as attending our Spring 2013 WCSWE Conference in the WI Dells from 4/4/13 - 4/5/13. Our conference will be held in the Wintergreen Resort and Conference Center. Single rooms are available for $70.00 and have a foldout couch. Double rooms are available for $85.00 All rooms have coffee makers, microwave ovens and refrigerators. The hotel has an indoor waterpark. Conference registration for students is $25.00 and includes a continental breakfast. We will have breakout sessions for students with a lot of valuable information. The full conference agenda will be finalized soon and all schools will be notified by email. Stay tuned for further information. You can reserve your hotel room now by calling the Wintergreen Resort @ 800-648-4765 and book under the WCSWE Conference.
- The electronic application packet should include your resume and student statement.
- Reference letters should be electronically submitted separately by the identified references.
- Resume including Employment and Education History, Email Address, Name of School and Academic Program)
- Student Statement (Please limit your response to two single-spaced pages)
- Describe your employment history and non-required volunteer work in your community.
- List any relevant organizations that you have been a member of including the dates, and activities that you were involved in. Describe any honors received, offices held, etc.
- What are your career goals? Be specific in how your goals demonstrate your commitment to social work.
- Please describe any unusual circumstances that have adversely affected your financial status and ability to fund your education.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from Faculty Member, Work or Volunteer Supervisor
- All applicants must be attending a Wisconsin Social Work Program for the 2013 Spring semester in order to receive the scholarship award.
The deadline for submission of applications is February 15, 2013. Scholarship awards will be determined by March 1, 2013. All applicants will be notified by email.
Email application packet to: Jeanne Wagner at email@example.com (References should email letter to same email address or use contact information listed below.)
Director of Field Education
Helen Bader School of Social Welfare
University of Wisconsin @ Milwaukee
Enderis Hall #1073
2400 Hartford Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53201
414-229-6501 - phone
414-229-5311 - fax