View current available scholarships through the UW Oshkosh Financial Aid Office.
The CSWE Gero-Ed Center is now accepting nominations for the Ashley Brooks-Danso Fund’s Student Travel Scholarships!
BSW and MSW students interested in aging can apply to receive complimentary APM registration and $500 for travel expenses to attend the 2015 CSWE Annual Program Meeting in Denver, Colorado from October 18-15, 2015.
- Be currently enrolled full- or part-time students in a CSWE-accredited program
- Demonstrate an interest in aging through a field placement, service learning, coursework, or similar activity
- Be nominated by a social work faculty member from their current program
The deadline for nominations is July 1, 2015. Two students will be selected, and awards will be announced in August, 2015.
History: The Excellence Award is an annual scholarship honoring the academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to social work service by social work students. This award is given toward tuition for the student's next academic year. The amount varies year to year.
Contact: Donna Altepeter, Chairperson of the Awards Committee
- Continuing social work majors who have attained junior standing;
- Students may self-nominate by forwarding their name and a brief written rationale dealing with the basis for nomination to a member of the Excellence Award Committee by Februrary 23rd of the current year;
- Faculty members may nominate candidates who they believe have established a record of high academic achievement including consideration of CGPA, demonstrated originality and excellence in class performance, and other factors encompassing academic excellence. Additional criteria will include a record of significant community service and/or work with the Student Social Work Association. Faculty nominations should be forwarded to a member of the Excellence Award Committee by February 20th of the current year along with a brief written rationale detailing the basis for the recommendation.
Lois Miranda Advocacy Award
History: The Lois Miranda Advocacy Award is named after the retired (now deceased) Social Work Faculty member at UW Oshkosh. She was tireless in her dedication and advocacy of marginalized populations. In her memory, students who model her advocacy work, will be awarded. To honor her, a fund was begun and a plaque created to share awardees names each year. This plaque hangs in the Social Work Office.
Award: The award amount varies year to year.
- Graduating seniors who are in good standing at the University.
- Students must be nominated by others (no self nominations) forwarding the name and a brief rationale detailing the contribution in advocacy the student has made, to Donna Altepeter.
- Significant contribution in advocacy for marginalized population(s) by a student or a group of students.
- Nominations can be made by faculty, staff, community members or other students.
- This award will include recognition on a perpetual plaque and certificate for awardee. We are hoping with growth in the fund, monetary award will be made to the awardee in future years.
Any questions contact Donna Altepeter,Chairperson of the Awards Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (920) 424-1081.