View all current available scholarships through the UW Oshkosh Financial Aid Office.
Open to current BSW students who will graduate from a CSWE accredited BSW Program on or before August 2016
Open to current BSW students who is attending a Wisconsin Social Work Program for the 2016 spring semester
History: The Excellence Award is an annual scholarship honoring the academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to social work service by social work students. This award is given toward tuition for the student's next academic year. The amount varies year to year.
Contact: Dr. Fredi Giesler
- Continuing Social Work majors who have attained junior standing (Students currently in the SW 300 level courses, in good standing)
- Students may self nominate by forwarding their name and a brief written rationale detailing the basis for their nomination to Fredi Giesler by February 26, 2016. Academic achievement, excellence and originality in class performance and significant community/university service are considered.
- Faculty members may nominate candidates who they believe have established a record of high academic achievement including consideration of cumulative GPA, demonstrated originality and excellence in class performance and other factors encompassing academic excellence. Additional criteria will include a record of significant community service and/or work with the Student Social Work Association. Faculty nominations should be forwarded to Fredi Giesler by February 26 along with a brief written rationale detailing the basis for your recommendation.
Any questions contact chair Dr. Fredi Giesler at email@example.com or (920) 424-0278.
Lois Miranda Advocacy Award
History: The Lois Miranda Advocacy Award is named after the retired (now deceased) Social Work Faculty member at UW Oshkosh. She was tireless in her dedication and advocacy of marginalized populations. In her memory, students who model her advocacy work, will be awarded. To honor her, a fund was begun and a plaque created to share awardees names each year. This plaque hangs in the Social Work Office.
Award: The award amount varies year to year.
- Graduating seniors who are in good standing in their programs.
- Students must be nominated by others (no self nominations) forwarding the name and a brief rationale detailing the contribution in advocacy the student has made, to Fredi Giesler by February 27.
- Significant contribution in advocacy for marginalized population(s) by a student or a group of students.
Nominations can be made by faculty, staff, community members or other students and submitted by February 26. Please include the name of student, major, and provide in detail , the specific work to marginalized populations which the student(s) have been involved with.
This award will include recognition on a perpetual plaque, a certificate and monetary award for the awardee.