- Field Education — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Feb 17, 2015 11:57 AM
- Application for Admission to Applied Generalist Practice DUE March 13, 2015 at 4:00pm — by Eiden, Mary E — last modified Feb 17, 2015 10:32 AM
- All materials listed below should be submitted electronically and in hard copy. A copy of the electronic submission should be printed and, along with a recent copy of your STAR report and resume, be brought to your advising session, then submitted to the Social Work Department Office, Swart 230. Also, please complete and submit an Background Information Disclosure (BID) form by Friday, April 3, 2015 at 4:00pm.
- Approved Field Placements — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Apr 10, 2013 02:38 PM
- bsw_field — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Nov 30, 2012 01:37 PM
- Practice Behaviors Evaluative Tool — by Pluim, Abby J — last modified Jun 28, 2013 11:26 AM
- This form should be completed by agency field educators for BSW students in SW401 and SW451, beginning in the 2013-14 academic year, at the mid-semester point, as well as at the end of the semester. This form replaces the mid-semester evaluation form and the final evaluation form.
- Competenceis — by Pluim, Abby J — last modified Oct 16, 2014 09:23 AM
- UWO BSW and MSW Program Memorandum — by Pasewald, Renee N — last modified Jan 30, 2015 12:53 PM
- Field Orientation Presentation 2015 — by Pasewald, Renee N — last modified Feb 17, 2015 11:55 AM
- PowerPoint Presentation of the BSW Field Orientation on February 17, 2015.
- Awards & Scholarships — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Feb 05, 2015 11:26 AM
- WICSWE Scholarship — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Apr 08, 2013 02:43 PM
- Social Work Scholarships — by Eiden, Mary E — last modified May 23, 2013 11:23 AM
- This is a comprehensive database of scholarships for anyone interested in pursuing a Social Work degree. The directory filters scholarships by a variety of characteristics, ensuring students find ones that they are eligible for.
- Liberal Arts Essay Scholarship Competition — by Eiden, Mary E — last modified Oct 31, 2014 03:14 PM
The vision of this department reflects a central belief that its curriculum be guided by the principle of doing what is right and just — teaching students to willingly accept the professional responsibility to act as the "heart and conscience" of the profession in their respective communities or as part of the profession-at-large, to advocate on behalf of those who suffer discrimination, devaluing and oppression. The Department's mission and goals stem from its vision.
Mission of the Department of Social Work
The Department of Social Work offers a strengths based educational program that guides and prepares Social Work students to be caring professionals with a commitment to knowledge, critical thinking, social justice values and generalist practice skills.
- Prepare graduates for entry-level employment in generalist social work practice positions;
- Prepare students for entry into graduate school and stimulate engagement in regional professional development activities;
- Encourage active community partnership in the promotion of social justice;
- Encourage active leadership in the profession and sustained commitment to the advancement of social work education.
This is a link to Mitch Cornils Homelessness presentation on NIMBYism. He did it for honor's credit in SW 379. Please click the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnr-9_wjV00
This is a link to the UW Oshkosh Today story about some of our Social Work students research with the homeless community. Please click the following link:
Social Work Faculty Accomplishments - 6282013.pdf — PDF document, 143 kB (147277 bytes)
The link address is: http://socialwork.msu.edu/technology_resources/docs/SummerONLINE.pdf