- Field Education — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Oct 16, 2014 09:41 AM
- Approved Field Placements — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Apr 10, 2013 02:38 PM
- bsw_field — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Nov 30, 2012 01:37 PM
- Practice Behaviors Evaluative Tool — by Pluim, Abby J — last modified Jun 28, 2013 11:26 AM
- This form should be completed by agency field educators for BSW students in SW401 and SW451, beginning in the 2013-14 academic year, at the mid-semester point, as well as at the end of the semester. This form replaces the mid-semester evaluation form and the final evaluation form.
- Application for Admission to Applied Generalist Practice 2014 is Closed — by Eiden, Mary E — last modified Jun 25, 2014 09:03 AM
- Please complete the form and submit a printed copy and materials to Swart 230 by Friday, February 28th by 3:00 p.m. For best results use Mozilla Firefox as your web browser. All materials listed above should be submitted electronically. A copy of the electronic submission should be printed and, along with a recent copy of your STAR report and resume, be brought to your advising session, then submitted to the Social Work Department Office, Swart 230. Submit a hard copy of the BID form between Thursday, April 3 at 8:00 a.m. and Friday, April 4 at 3:00 p.m.
- Competenceis — by Pluim, Abby J — last modified Oct 16, 2014 09:23 AM
- Awards & Scholarships — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Oct 31, 2014 03:08 PM
- WICSWE Scholarship — by Clark, Leslie A. — last modified Apr 08, 2013 02:43 PM
- Social Work Scholarships — by Eiden, Mary E — last modified May 23, 2013 11:23 AM
- This is a comprehensive database of scholarships for anyone interested in pursuing a Social Work degree. The directory filters scholarships by a variety of characteristics, ensuring students find ones that they are eligible for.
- Liberal Arts Essay Scholarship Competition — by Eiden, Mary E — last modified Oct 31, 2014 03:14 PM
The vision of this department reflects a central belief that its curriculum be guided by the principle of doing what is right and just — teaching students to willingly accept the professional responsibility to act as the "heart and conscience" of the profession in their respective communities or as part of the profession-at-large, to advocate on behalf of those who suffer discrimination, devaluing and oppression. The Department's mission and goals stem from its vision.
Mission of the Department of Social Work
The Department of Social Work offers a strengths based educational program that guides and prepares Social Work students to be caring professionals with a commitment to knowledge, critical thinking, social justice values and generalist practice skills.
- Prepare graduates for entry-level employment in generalist social work practice positions;
- Prepare students for entry into graduate school and stimulate engagement in regional professional development activities;
- Encourage active community partnership in the promotion of social justice;
- Encourage active leadership in the profession and sustained commitment to the advancement of social work education.
This is a link to Mitch Cornils Homelessness presentation on NIMBYism. He did it for honor's credit in SW 379. Please click the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnr-9_wjV00
This is a link to the UW Oshkosh Today story about some of our Social Work students research with the homeless community. Please click the following link: