This application is submit here electronically. You will be asked to log in to the UWO Intranet with your netID and password. In addition, please scan and email the completed Volunteer Reference Form to Renee Pasewald, Department of Social Work ADA, at email@example.com.
If you have questions about the application process, please attend one of two BSW Group Advising Sessions. These sessions are specifically scheduled to answer the questions of Pre-Social Work Majors applying to the program in Spring 2017. See our flyer for full details.
DEADLINE: All materials are due Thursday, March 16, 2017 by 3:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted!
To guard against loss, we suggest you make a personal copy for your records.
Please note: Any and all communication regarding admission into the program will be sent to your UW Oshkosh e-mail address. This is the official mode of communication for the University and for the Department of Social Work.
The vision of this Department reflects a central belief that its curriculum be guided by the principle of doing what is right and just — teaching students to willingly accept the professional responsibility to act as the "heart and conscience" of the profession in their respective communities or as part of the profession-at-large, to advocate on behalf of those who suffer discrimination, devaluing and oppression. The Department's mission and goals stem from its vision.
Mission of the Department of Social Work
The Department of Social Work offers a strengths based educational program that guides and prepares Social Work students to be caring professionals with a commitment to knowledge, critical thinking, social justice values and practice skills.
- Graduate competent (based on CSWE Foundation Competencies and Practice Behaviors) BSW level social work professionals
- Prepare graduates for entry-level employment in generalist social work practice positions
- Prepare students for entry into graduate school and stimulate engagement in regional professional development activities
- Prepare students for state/national examination for certification as entry-level social workers
Students who are not able to enroll in SW 167, SW 220 and/or SW 298 can be placed on a
wait list that is maintained in the Department of Social Work Main Office, Swart Hall 230. If a
student wants to enroll in a closed section of the above classes, s/he will need to contact a Social
Work Advisor prior to being placed on the wait list. Students with the last name A-R should
contact Colleen Hansen, hansenc@ uwosh.edu. Students with the last name S-Z should contact
Cornelia Gordon-Hempe, firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Social Work office or call
920.424.1419 with additional questions. Social Work students unable to enroll in required pre-
requisites during the academic year will be given priority enrollment for online summer sections
(SW 167 and SW 220). Students are encouraged to meet with a Social Work Advisor in order to
ensure they are on-track to apply to the BSW Program during the Spring semester.
All 300 and 400 level Social Work courses are restricted to Social Work majors accepted into the
BSW degree program. All students accepted into the program will have a seat in these classes. If
a desired section/grouping is full at the time of registration, students are advised to seek out a
peer who is willing to switch sections. Class sizes are fixed in accordance with accreditation
policy best practices.
- Field Education — by sebenl99 — last modified Feb 16, 2017 04:08 PM
- Approved Field Placements — by sebenl99 — last modified Jan 20, 2016 04:25 PM
- bsw_field — by sebenl99 — last modified Nov 30, 2012 01:37 PM
- Competencies — by pluima — last modified Jan 20, 2016 04:27 PM
- Boundaries and Ethics — by Pasewald, Renee N — last modified Sep 29, 2016 03:48 PM
- Field Orientation 2016 — by Pasewald, Renee N — last modified Sep 29, 2016 04:00 PM
- 2017 Field Orientation — by Pasewald, Renee N — last modified Feb 16, 2017 10:35 AM
- Awards & Scholarships — by sebenl99 — last modified Dec 12, 2016 02:41 PM
- WNHSWA Scholarship — by Pasewald, Renee N — last modified Mar 28, 2016 11:57 AM
- Lois Miranda Nomination Form — by Lambert, Leah — last modified Sep 15, 2016 11:51 AM