UW OSHKOSH MSW UPDATE
UW Oshkosh and UW Green Bay Collaborative MSW Program
The Collaborative Masters of Social Work (MSW) Program became a reality in Fall 2003 with the admission of the first class of students. A joint venture of the UW-Green Bay and UW Oshkosh Departments of Social Work, the Collaborative MSW Program prepares social workers for leadership in careers of Direct Practice or Administration and Management.
Applications for the Collaborative MSW Program are Now Available
For the fall 2014 MSW admissions application, applicants must apply directly to UW Oshkosh and UW-Green Bay. Applicants may apply to both institutions.
UW Oshkosh and UW-Green Bay are seeking to terminate the Collaborative MSW Program in Summer 2015. Both universities are seeking authorization and accreditation of separate MSW Programs. If an applicant is enrolled at either UW Oshkosh or UW-Green Bay, s/he will begin the MSW Program as a student of the Collaborative MSW Program. Students who complete the MSW Collaborative Program by August 2015 will graduate from the Collaborative MSW Program. Those who plan to complete their degree after August 2015 will likely graduate from the MSW Program at the home campus in which they are enrolled.
To apply for admission to the Collaborative MSW Program
for the fall of 2014 as a:
- UW Oshkosh student, follow this link:
- Please see the UW Oshkosh Online Admission Application Requirements document for a listing of all required application documents.
- UW-Green Bay student, follow this link:
For further information, please feel free to contact:
UW Oshkosh Inquiries
Dr. Fredi Giesler, Chair of Social Work, UW-Oshkosh at (920) 424-0278
UW-Green Bay Inquiries
Dr. Doreen Higgins, MSW Program Coordinator, UW-Green Bay at (920) 465-2567 or
Jeanne Berg, Student Status Examiner, UW-Green Bay at (920) 465-2679
All application materials must be received by January 17, 2014. Applications received after January 17, 2014 will be considered on a space-available basis.
For more information contact Dr. Doreen Higgins, MSW Program Coordinator, UW-Green Bay.
UW Oshkosh Graduate Students
UW Oshkosh Time To Degree for MSW
- With a BSW Time to Degree is 12 months on a full-time basis (14-15 credits/Fall & Spring semester/5 credits for one summer).
- With a BSW Time to Degree is 24 months on a part-time basis (6-8 credits/Fall & Spring semester/1 5-credit summer).
- Without a BSW Time to Degree is 24 months on a full-time basis (14-15 credits/Fall & Spring semester/1 5-credit summer).
- Without a BSW Time to Degree is 48 months on a part-time basis (6-8 credits/Fall & Spring semester/1 5-credit summer).
Students will have the opportunity to graduate a little earlier by taking more summer semester credits.