School Social Worker
Position Title: Social Worker
Qualifications: School Social Worker – Wisconsin Type 50 License
Master’s Degree in Social Work
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Goal: To help students resolve personal, emotional and social problems that
interfere with their adjustment to school and their capacity to enjoy the
fullest benefits of the education offered them.
Responsibilities: 1. Performs casework with individual students to assist with personal,
social, or emotional adjustments related to their educational and social
progress, which may include small group facilitation.
2. Performs casework service with parents as an integral part of the task
of helping students, to increase the parents’ understanding, their
constructive participation in resolving their child’s problems, and
their knowledge and use of appropriate resources available.
3. Consults and collaborates with other school personnel in gathering and
sharing information on a case, and in establishing and planning for
respective roles in the modification of the student’s behavior.
4. Assists with referrals of students to, and serves as a liaison with,
outside agencies such as the Department of Human Services, Juvenile
Court, private Mental Health Centers, for situations such as abuse and
neglect reporting and follow-up, homelessness, suicide prevention/
intervention and truancy issues.
5. Makes home visits for the purpose of gathering helpful information on a
student’s background, assessment of appropriate services and support to
6. Serves as a liaison between home, school and community.
7. Assists students directly toward adjustment to school.
8. Keeps records necessary for maintenance and evaluation of quality case
9. Assists other school staff in development and implementation of parent
and student programs when appropriate.
10. Participates as a member of IEP teams when appropriate which may include
collecting and reporting social histories, evaluating
educational/behavioral/social needs, promoting mutual understanding and
support between school and parents of the student’s personal issues and
exceptional educational needs and assisting in carrying out team
11. Participates in prevention programming, delivery and policy making,
which addresses a variety of social emotional issues such as alcohol
tobacco and other drugs (ATOD), school safety which may include bullying
prevention and internet safely, teen-age pregnancy /school
age-parenting, healthy relationship building, and truancy
12. Attends staff meetings and serves on district and community committees
13. Maintains current knowledge of school social work best practice through
14. Perform such other duties as may be determined by the administrative
staff within parameters of the master agreement, Board of Education
policies, state statutes, and administrative rules.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your application materials using the WECAN system at the following
web address: https://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan. Additional
application materials can be downloaded at:
CONTACT: Dr. Lynn Brown
222 Forest Lane
Montello WI 53949
(608) 297-7617, ext. 443 Phone
Behavioral Health Case Manager
The Case Manager II (Masters Level) positions work for the Community Support Program (CSP) and Targeted Case Management (TCM) and provide support services to our clients who have been diagnosed with a severe, persistent mental illness to help them attain their highest level of independence while living in the community. Additionally, this position provides necessary crisis management and psycho-educational opportunities for clients to gain insight into their mental illness as well as empowering our clients to strive towards a higher level of independence
We also have clinical supervision opportunities for those working on their 3,000 hours for their APSW, LPC-IT and SAC-IT!
See job posting for more information.