Welcome to Smokeless
5th National Summit on Smokeless and Spit Tobacco: New Products, New Challenges and a New Generation of Advocacy -- September 21, 22 and 23, 2009, MOnona Terrace, Madison, Wisconsin
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT SUMMIT!
The Office of Continuing Education and Extension at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh wants to thank all the people and organizations that attended and supported the 5th National Summit on Smokeless and Spit Tobacco. It was a great team effort and we hope many people across the United States enjoyed the program and found great benefit in participating.
Please check back at this website over the next month: we will be posting a webcast of the Summit plenary sessions, a well as the PowerPoints from all the summit sessions (keynote, plenaries, and breakouts).
- Download a PDF preview of the Summit program, including the most recent updates as of September 1, 2009. (Note: program subject to change prior to Summit.)
- Videos from conference (opens in iTunes)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for each day of the summit.
Monday .625 CEUs
Tuesday .525 CEUs
Wednesday .225 CEUs
Full Summit 1.375 CEUs
What is the Summit All About?
The 5th National Summit on Smokeless and Spit Tobacco is the only national conference that is designed especially for professionals and advocates working in the field of smokeless tobacco use prevention and cessation. We seek to raise awareness of the dangers of smokeless tobacco products and to broaden the national coalition of organizations, agencies and individuals committed to reducing and eventually eliminating the use of smokeless and spit tobacco products. A significant portion of the conference will be devoted to issues of concern to youth and those who work with youth. Youth advocacy events will be a feature of the 2009 summit. Participants will learn about the latest research in the field, and share strategies that have proven effective and successful in the fight against smokeless tobacco.
The summit is sponsored by the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Office of Continuing Education and Extension.
Join our Facebook Group!
Who Should Attend
- local, state and federal tobacco prevention and control administrators
- tobacco program staff
- public health educators and policy professionals
- health care professionals and providers including physicians, nurses and clinic managers
- tobacco treatment specialists
- dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants
- higher education staff
- school and youth-serving agencies and youth advocates