Research on Rural Education
The official journal of the NREA, The Rural Educator features articles written by leading rural educators from all levels of education.
Articles from the Winter 2010 issue
- "Strategies for Recruitment and Retention of Secondary Teachers in Central U.S. Rural Schools" (Beesley, Andrea D; Atwill, Kim; Blair, Pamela; Barley, Zoe A)
- "Educating the Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Non-Urban Population: Three Cost-Effective Strategies" (Stufft, Derry L; Brogadir, Rebecca)
More articles ...
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Center on Rural Education and Communities, Penn State College of Education
The Journal of Research in Rural Education is a peer-reviewed, open access e-journal publishing original pieces of scholarly research of demonstrable relevance to educational issues within rural settings.
Featured Articles (2010-2011)
- "Rural Elementary School Teachers’ Technology Integration" (Hough, Brian; Howley, Aimee; Wood, Lawrence)
- "Increasing Reading Skills in Rural Areas: An Analysis of Three School Districts" (Stockard, Jean)
- "The Possibility of Place: One Teacher's Use of Place-Based Instruction for English in a Rural High School" (Azano, Amy)
Featured Articles (2009-2010)
- "A Phenomenological Study of Rural School Consolidation" (Nitta, Keith A.; Holley, Marc J.; Wrobel, Sharon L.)
- "Student Characteristics and Motivation in Rural High Schools" (Hardré, Particia L.; Sullivan, David W.; Crowson, H. Michael)
- "Critique and Fiction: Doing Science Right in Rural Education Research" (Howley, Craig)
- "Distance Education Use in Rural Schools" (Hannum, Wallace H.; Irvin, Matthew J.; Banks, Jonathan B.; Farmer, Thomas W.)
- "Rural Schools and the Highly Qualified Teacher Provision of No Child Left Behind: A Critical Policy Analysis" (Eppley, Karen)
More articles ...
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Distance Education Program
- Rural Early Adolescent Learning Program
- Rural High School Aspirations Study
- Targeted Reading Intervention
- Supplemental Studies
Why Rural Matters
The biennial reports analyzing the contexts and conditions of rural education in each of the 50 states and calling attention to the need for policymakers to address rural education issues in their respective states.
Rural Policy Matters
A monthly newsletter, Rural Policy Matters provides news of interest to citizens and community groups working on state-level policy issues affecting rural schools.
A partnership of the Alabama Department of Agriculture & Industries' Center For Rural Alabama, ALFA Foundation and the Economic Development Association of Alabama
The Future of Children. Excellence in the Classroom. Volume 17 Number 1 Spring 2007
A publication of the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University and the Brookings Institution